A painting in oils titled 'Summertime Ingleborough' artist Rob Miller


A painting in oils titled 'Summertime Ingleborough'  artist Rob Miller
24x30cm


I started this painting almost three years ago from the small road that runs to Twistleton and past Beezleys above the River Doe it gives a great view of West side of the fell and parking etc isn't hard.. I stood working between showers on one of those splendid bright Dales days. Ingleborough the place of the gods, its flat topped shape can be viewed more or less wherever I wonder around the Ribble Valley, its also the final fell on the three peaks marathon event and its steep slopes represented hell for my tired legs. For me as a painter who is sometimes categorized as a post impressionist, Ingleboroughs Limestone colours and and form is distinctive and on a summers day close as you can get in the UK to Paul Cezannes mountain scenes... All in all a brilliant place to paint.


Comments

Popular Posts